As I have mentioned before, or mission here at YouCanHydroGrow is to provide you with the best resources that we can find to help you make your hydroponic gardening a success.
This YouTube Video from Tikki O is a very good “how-to video” on growing Hydroponic Lettuce utilizing a Kratky Mason Jar Method. There are some commercials YouTube as added that will pop up during the playing of the video. Even with these commercial interruptions, this is still a really good video.
Simple and easy this 16-minute video will show you how to get wonderful mature plants in just five weeks. It also shows you how to prune. Following the video, I have provided you with some links to the material that she references. These are Amazon affiliate links that will not cost you any more in price, it just helps us to keep this site going.
Materials You Will Need
- Rockwool Seed Starters
- RDR 500 Buttercrunch Lettuce, Butterhead, Boston Bibb
- 2 and 3 Inch Net Pots
- As for the Mason Jars – recommend checking out your local stores in the canning supplies section. (Please buy local whenever you can.) If, all else fails here is a link to the 3-inch Wide Mouth 32 oz Mason Jars.
- Clay Pebbles 2 lbs
- In the video for nutrients, she is using Grow Big from Fox Farm, there are alternatives, check out my post on essential plant nutrients, for some alternatives.
- pH is important to healthy plant growth. If your lettuce seedlings are not doing well check out my post on What are Your Plants Eating and review of the inexpensive Ketotak Digital pH Meter
- As for lighting that varies, the GE Lighting PAR38 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light or Liweida 180pcs Led Grow Light Bulb Full Spectrum or check out my review of the Agrobrite Grow light
Putting It All Together
I also walk you through making your own Mason Jar Hydroponics system. I hope that you check out some of our other posts and reviews and our Hydroponics 101 comprehensive guide which we are in the process of writing. Look forward to your comments and recommendations.