Drip Buckets are one of the most popular hydroponic systems you will find out there. In this video, I will walk you through step by step on how to build one yourself. Quick and easy this system can be built from parts found at a local Hardware, Building Supply or ordered online from Amazon, eBay and/or etc. Great for larger plants like hydroponic tomatoes and peppers.
What you will need for this project is:
- 5-Gal Bucket (HPDE 2 Plastic – Food Safe)
- 6-inch Wide Lip (Net Pot Lid) – At publishing the best price was from 1000Bulbs. Please Google “Net Pot Lid” to find the best price.
- Small Submersible • Home Fountain Pump
- 1/4″ Drip Irrigation Hose
- Spray Drip Irrigation Multi-Stream Stake
- Irrigation On/Off Valve (optional)
- Depending on the Pump’s outlet adapters you may need hoses and reducers to connect the 1/4 in hose to the Pump. I cover this in the video below.
- Plant Medium
- Light Timer (This used to turn the pump on and off at specific times)
- Extension Cord
- Drill and Drill Bits